So, we're officially past the half-way mark which is NUTS to me. And frankly, this thing got REAL this week! On more than one occasion, I thought, "I'm going to have our baby in my arms in less than five months, oh sh*t!". The reality of what we have left to do became very real and very overwhelming this week. Of course the lovely baby preparation blogs and websites don't help. The Bump.com, for instance, provides you with a pre-loaded checklist of all the items you need to do to prepare for baby's arrival. While on one hand, this is VERY helpful, and I do love me some lists, but on the other, it seems like there's not enough time to do all the leg-work required to actually check off the items on the list. You know, like find a daycare provider or a pediatrician. There is a lot of leg-work involved to make one little check box disappear from the list. And frankly, they're not the fun things about having a baby that are outstanding. Of course we've had plenty of thoughts and time spent on nursery decor, how to log nugget's development, baby names (not that it's been a particularly productive endeavor so far), etc. But thinking about the prospect of putting our innocent, tiny (theoretically of course), non-verbal child into someone else's care only three months after delivery is frankly, not a pleasant activity. Once we start touring facilities, I'm sure it will not be as bad as originally thought, but the anticipation of it is not fun...just sayin'.
After seven years of togetherness, we finally got married...now we're trying to figure out what's next on the agenda.
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Over the Hump
Here I am...21 weeks, and for prosperity's sake, I've included last week's pic to do a bump comparison. I think the nug has grown this week. Although I was still able to wear a pair of my pre-pregnacy capris today, unbuttoned of course, but zipped the whole way...so maybe he/she's in just the right spot.
So, we're officially past the half-way mark which is NUTS to me. And frankly, this thing got REAL this week! On more than one occasion, I thought, "I'm going to have our baby in my arms in less than five months, oh sh*t!". The reality of what we have left to do became very real and very overwhelming this week. Of course the lovely baby preparation blogs and websites don't help. The Bump.com, for instance, provides you with a pre-loaded checklist of all the items you need to do to prepare for baby's arrival. While on one hand, this is VERY helpful, and I do love me some lists, but on the other, it seems like there's not enough time to do all the leg-work required to actually check off the items on the list. You know, like find a daycare provider or a pediatrician. There is a lot of leg-work involved to make one little check box disappear from the list. And frankly, they're not the fun things about having a baby that are outstanding. Of course we've had plenty of thoughts and time spent on nursery decor, how to log nugget's development, baby names (not that it's been a particularly productive endeavor so far), etc. But thinking about the prospect of putting our innocent, tiny (theoretically of course), non-verbal child into someone else's care only three months after delivery is frankly, not a pleasant activity. Once we start touring facilities, I'm sure it will not be as bad as originally thought, but the anticipation of it is not fun...just sayin'.
So, we're officially past the half-way mark which is NUTS to me. And frankly, this thing got REAL this week! On more than one occasion, I thought, "I'm going to have our baby in my arms in less than five months, oh sh*t!". The reality of what we have left to do became very real and very overwhelming this week. Of course the lovely baby preparation blogs and websites don't help. The Bump.com, for instance, provides you with a pre-loaded checklist of all the items you need to do to prepare for baby's arrival. While on one hand, this is VERY helpful, and I do love me some lists, but on the other, it seems like there's not enough time to do all the leg-work required to actually check off the items on the list. You know, like find a daycare provider or a pediatrician. There is a lot of leg-work involved to make one little check box disappear from the list. And frankly, they're not the fun things about having a baby that are outstanding. Of course we've had plenty of thoughts and time spent on nursery decor, how to log nugget's development, baby names (not that it's been a particularly productive endeavor so far), etc. But thinking about the prospect of putting our innocent, tiny (theoretically of course), non-verbal child into someone else's care only three months after delivery is frankly, not a pleasant activity. Once we start touring facilities, I'm sure it will not be as bad as originally thought, but the anticipation of it is not fun...just sayin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment