Tuesday, October 8, 2013

23 & 24 Weeks / Dressing the Bump

Sorry for the delay in posting recently...we've had a lot of activities and visitors! Here's the latest pictures of the nugget (although somehow week 22 is missing from the camera):



It's very interesting to see how day to day and week to week the nugget changes position and therefore gives a smaller or bigger bump. Above you'll note in week 23 he/she was sitting very high and then today, VERY low. And of course the amount of fluid I am or am not retaining at any given point makes me look larger or smaller, but lately...more on the larger side, if I'm being honest.

Dressing the bump has proven to be more challenging lately. I have procured some additional maternity pieces, however, they are really for fall and winter weather. And since we live in hell, I mean Arizona, it's still in the 90's so I don't have a lot of options. I did get to wear a lot of my fall/winter maternity pieces while in Denver, but AZ weather is beginning to grate on my nerves. Admittedly, it happens to me every year at this time when I'm ready for it to be fall/winter already, but adding limited wardrobe options to the mix makes it all the more annoying. Attempting to wear some of my dresses of my pre-pregnancy wardrobe has become pretty hilarious. They are just a tad bit too short in the front due to the burgeoning bump and since it's too hot for tights, I am struggling to find options that are work-appropriate. I cannot wait for the one day this week that will be in the 70's so I can wear tights AND boots! Watch out world...I will eventually be a fashionable preggo, it just may only one day a week until December.

No comments:

Post a Comment