This week we had our first group session at the midwives' office. They call it Family Circle. We met other couples expecting the arrival of their baby/babies in January 2014. So we did sign a confidentiality agreement...what is said in the group, stays in the group...so I can't say much. But I will talk about us in comparison to the others. We are the couple the least far along...although I swear my belly was as big as everyone else's. And we are the ONLY couple not finding out the gender. I have to say I kind of expected that at least one other couple would like the surprise, but apparently we're the only ones kicking it old school (and still talking like it's 2003 apparently).
What was kind of neat is that the partners of the preggos take their vitals before the group sessions. So Paul took my blood pressure, my weight (although I gained 2 lbs, I'm still overall under by 1.5 from before I was pregnant...odd, I know), tested my urine (TMI sorry) for proteins and the best part...he got to use the Doppler to find the nugget's heartbeat! He wasn't too successful this time, the nurse had to step in, but I'm sure in no time, Paul will be the fastest heartbeat finder!
Overall, it was good to know that other people have the same questions and fears as we do but it certainly didn't help my anxiety of all the things we need to do! Added to the list this week: research epidurals, cord blood banking, preparing a birth and baby plan...oh, boy!! I need a minion... :)
ah the many things that consume your mind... thus baby/preggo brain :). You have time for some of those things so don't freak... Can't bank cord blood until you have a baby etc etc!
ReplyDelete