Day two didn't go quite as originally planned for my activity, however, I still managed to get in some exercise. I thought for sure I could start going back to the gym in the morning after four months of not getting up before 5:30 am, but yet again I overestimated my willpower! I did, however, go to a Weight Watchers meeting for the first time in eight weeks. Although the number on the scale was grotesque, it felt good to be back in the company of those who know what it's like to go through this process, both with the struggles and successes. So after WW, I came home, got down my bike (which had at least a year's worth of dust collected), found the bike lock, filled the tires and went to the grocery store. The main goal was to get activity in while also picking up a healthy dinner choice. Now the store isn't terribly far away, but I definitely got my heart rate up. Granted a lot of that was due to frustration with the preparation...retrieving the bike from its suspended state in the garage without the help of my 6'-2" husband, finding the bike lock with corresponding combo, and filling the tires only to have to do it again because the weight of my body (much heavier than it'd should be) was not accounted for in the first place. Needless to say it was a lot of work for a relatively short ride, but on the upside, no matter how frustrated I was with the prep, I still did it!! And an even bigger item to my credit...I purchased a salad for dinner while at the store!
I was thinking that maybe my thirty day challenge should include me trying a new type of activity everyday. But I think its best if I stick to one goal at a time in order not to find excuses to get off track again. Maybe next month...
No comments:
Post a Comment