Ok, I'm going to be honest here...mainly because I have very few readers but also because I need to start being honest with myself...I need to lose weight!!! As many know, I've been on Weight Watchers since August of 2010. Since that time I got about 30 lbs lighter, which is great but then I got complacent and lazy. Granted, there were some health issues and injuries that came up between now and November of last year, but I have definitely taken the easy way out in recent months. After seeing some recent pictures and standing on the scale, I realized that my laziness has led to a bit of a backslide into bad habits and weight gain. So I've made a decision...I MUST GET SERIOUS ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS!!! I mean I really wanted to be at my goal in a little less than four months...by my big 3-0 birthday...so that means I have to get off my tush and get to the gym! So I'm offering up a challenge to myself via the blog, after all if I publish it, I'll feel like an even larger ass if I don't follow through...I challenge myself to exercising (someway / somehow) every day for the next thirty days. Hopefully by the end of my challenge exercising will be a habit to stay.
So today, Day One of my challenge I started by trying my new hula hoop. Yes, I know, a hula hoop?!? But it is entertaining and manages to get your heart rate up while working your core. Today I watched the video to learn the basic moves with the hula hoop. And while I'm definitely not a pro yet, I was able to get the basics down and hooped for an hour!!! The hoop is pretty large so it is a good thing our living room is large enough to accommodate the swirling and twirling. The pups are not too thrilled about the new exercise option, but I haven't hit them with hoop yet and with as much as the hoop falls, that's pretty good!!
In an effort to keep myself accountable, I'll be posting my journey back to weight loss and fitness but this blog won't be all about that I promise!! I have too many hobbies for that anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment