Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Finally Another Finished Quilt

Our good friend Shelley's daughter Haeli turned two in January and although I had started putting together her gift long before her birthday,  the quilt didn't get done on time, as with many other gifts slated for completion. I was quilting it the day I planned on having it finished, however, there was A LOT of gathering. Now I had been told various times by quite a few people that I needed to get a walking foot to do my quilting. After this bad experience of having to rip out all of the disastrous quilting, I finally broke down and purchased one. Of course after the purchase, it still took me over a month to put it on my sewing machine and give it a go. The results were AMAZING! As I told Leah, my friend who is also a quilter (a very talented one at that), I don't know what I was thinking by quilting without it! It was seriously the best $30 I've spent since starting this new hobby!

                                Here's the finished project:

                                             Back:                                                                             

                                             Front:


With my  new gadget, I can't wait to start the rest of my quilting projects for the year...maybe now I'll even start getting them done on time! Here's hoping anyway! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment