Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Whole New Room

My hubby loves me so much and he displayed his adoration for me before his latest trip for work. He executed my vision for a new interior design scheme in the master bedroom. Paul's never too excited about my latest and greatest design visions around the house. In my mind they're not going to be that involved, but according to Paul, I grossly underestimate the time, effort and funds required to accomplish these tasks. Not to mention that the projects don't always turn out as envisioned and then I get upset. For the last project we completed, we picked out a light green for a couple of the walls in the living room, however, it's darker than I imagined. This time though, the project in the master bedroom is EXACTLY how I imagined...it's amazing!!! And it's all thanks to my husband and his patience and skill with a laser level, blue tape and a paint brush. :)

I wanted a cozier feel in our bedroom and I was REALLY sick of looking at beige (slightly pinkish beige at that). So, we went with gray and it's lovely! The walls were painted in a matte gray and then were painted with three equally spaced and sized stripes of the same color but with a gloss finish. The result is a subtle, modern and cozy room that I ADORE! Here's a little taste of the finish:


I'll post pictures of the complete project once the rest of the room is finished, you know...cornices over the drapes, a new light fixture, mounted tv (still a dream at this point), custom jewelry display, new throw pillows preferably with some chevron prints....you get the idea. The room needs some final touches, but with this fantastic new paint job, it's well on its way to the most finished (and possibly favorite) room in the house!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I know how long it must have taken to get the stripes just right but perfect! I love the gloss vs. matte!!!

    ReplyDelete